Monday, April 9, 2018

April 9, 2018

(Sorry I dont have access to most of the pictures....maybe next week?)



Well hello again,

Weeks keeps flying by faster and faster and I feel like I blink and am back sitting here emailing. It's insane! Somehow I blinked and this week was the week, one year ago, I came to Korea. Landing here a year ago, I could never have imagined what I was in for, but I sure am so thankful for the past year I've had to serve here in Korea. What a year!

One thing I learned this week, was any week started with a P-day spent at the beach, is automatically a better week! I definitely advise it. 

Lots of crazy stuff this week, got to love it. 

Tuesday we were able to meet with this super cute investigator that I feel like I learn so much from every time I talk to her. She just has this deep love and appreciation for God. It is really cool to see the way Heavenly Father lined up her life to meet the missionaries. Her heart isn't quite ready to accept the gospel, but she is so drawn to our church and spending time with the missionaries. Our church has such a different feeling, that I feel like we all just get used to. It isn't until you see someone who has never felt that before, feel it for the first time, that you realize, woah. Everytime we meet with her, it makes me rethink all the things I take advantage of. We have blessings that some people can't even imagine right before us.

Fun story of the week, we met this super crazy man on the subway. In Korea, we aren't allowed to talk to men, unless they talk to us first, it's a culture thing, but anyways he came up and started talking to me. I was super frustrated because I had no idea what he was saying. Gee, great. I love not understanding anything after being here for a year. My companion was listening and I invited him to English class anyways, not really thinking about it. Well, after my companion just starts laughing and pulls up google translate to explain to me what he just said. Well, I invited a crazy man to English class. He had been telling me how he just got out of a mental hospital, and flew here from the O zone layer in the Earth with his head on fire....well obviously I've been studying the wrong words! Oops. Then he called us the next night to follow up, got to love when people you meet are better at missionarying than you! The Elders are pumped about their referral of course!

Saturday we had our weekly soccer/basketball appointment. We have this investigator that every week, she just brings 4 or 5 of her friends to come play with us and then after we teach a lesson with the Elders. One thing it has opened my eyes to so much, is how easy it really is to share the gospel. You don't have to just give a Book of Mormon to your friend, or invite them to church to be doing missionary work! I think I always was maybe a little intimidated by the missionaries before my mission...they're just "the missionaries." The longer I'm out the more I realized how wrong that was! It's so easy to introduce your friends to the missionaries, you're not throwing them into Baptism or anything crazy. It's all one step at a time and such a cool thing to be part of.

We were also able to watch Conference this weekend, a little bit later than everyone else, but hey better late than never!! I love Conference weekend. We were able to watch it in a room across the hallway from everyone else in English. (The party room of course.) It never stops amazing me how Conference seems to get more and more powerful. I absolutely loved President Nelson's talk about revelation and it got me so excited to see all the work that is going to be done while he is serving as our Prophet. I'm so thankful we have prophets on earth here to lead and guide us. It is such a unique thing and a blessing to everyone who takes time to listen and apply it. Conference shouldn't just be a weekend full of good feelings, it should be something we take and act on the next 6 months! That is when the real miracles and blessings come. I invite you all to act on the prompting you recieved and keep studying the talks through the next 6 months. The blessings and opportunity to change is just sitting before you, go get it and let this Conference change your life. 

Sending lots of love.
xoxo

Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment