Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 23, 2018





Hello everybody!

Well I officially survived the first week of another transfer! It was super great! My new companion is Sister Choi and she's awesome. She actually is the Korean sister I was with in the MTC and then came to Korea with. Best part, she loves scary movies and has watched every episode of Criminal Minds multiple times! When she told me that I was like, ah yes this is going to be a great transfer. Hahaha. She seriously is hilarious too, I can't even describe it. For example, she had told me she likes to hide, but I had no idea what she actually meant, until one night I walk out of the bathroom and all the lights are off. I walk over to my desk and there is a sticky note that says, "Find me." ......... considering all the scary stories that had been told the last couple nights, it was horrifying! So I grabbed our roll of tissue paper and start walking around the house until I feel something reach out of the closet and grab my ankle! I squeeled, she laughed, I hit her with the tissue papers, good memories all around! 

It feels like not a ton happened this week, but some random highlights. We had our service activity, like we do every Wednesday. I swear peeling over 40 onions does something to you! Elder Kim and I sat and peeled onions in the corner of this big kitchen, crying and talking about life, vampires and who we would be if we were in Twilight for an hour. We help there with a bunch of cute ladies and one came up behind me and put a candy in my mouth. Of course, a coffee candy and there was nothing I could do about it. I don't know if I've had a stranger experience like that on my mission, sitting on the kitchen floor, wearing a huge apron, boots, big gloves, cutting so many onions I like can't see through my tears, and eating a coffee candy. It was a pretty strange day, but definitely one to remember!

Friday we had STLTM, which was the best because I got to see tons of my favorite people! After we had to head straight to the hospital to take our dear Grandma to her appointment at another hospital with the Elders. I never thought that could be such a difficult task. It's not getting her to her appointments that is hard, it's getting her to go in willingly! Or the best is her telling you to got to the end of this hall (Haha you do what Grandma says.) and then you sit there because there is no door, but she swears this is where the X-rays will be taken.... sitting...waiting.... But she got her cast off and I don't think I've ever seen her happier! She was smiling and rubbing the doctors head as he cut it off. Then she turns to us and says, if you would've brought me my scissors, we could've done this earlier! Hahaha so many weird things every week here! 

You couldn't think the week could've gotten better, but it did. Highlight of the week, our investigator asked us on Saturday if she could come to church with us, see the baptismal font and while she was saying the closing prayer she said thank you for helping me find the true gospel and letting us learn about it today. She literally is so cool, and so prepared. I feel like I've waited my whole mission to find someone this prepared and willing to listen! 

This week I came across a scripture 
that has really stuck with me I wanted to share with all of you! It is Alma 47:6 and says,

"6 And they had appointed a man to be a king and a leader over them, being fixed in their minds with a determined resolution that they would not be subjected to go against the Nephites."

I love how it talks about how they were "fixed in their minds with a determined resolution." If we decide we want to do something, with the Lord's help, we can accomplish anything. I think Satan likes to make this hard for us to see sometimes. There are hard things along the path that may just make us feel insignificant, like we're failing. There was a quote I remember hearing in Young Women's that said, "The difference between stepping stones and stumbling blocks is how you use them." Along our path, because none of us are perfect, we all fall, stumble and have moments when we feel like we're failures. BUT that's not true! Through every "fail", we grow, we learn and we become more capable than we were before. Through each of our learning experiences, we are becoming more of who the Lord wants us to become, who He needs us to be. We have to keep our minds focused on the big picture and where we want to go, what we want to do. Truly as we keep our minds "fixed with a determined resolution," there can be no other outcome than things benefiting us for our good. The Lord knows best and is sending us exactly what we need.

Sending lots of love!

Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment