Monday, April 30, 2018

April 30, 2018







Hello again!

How are you all doing? I hope everything is going good at home. This week was fun, a lot of random things happened!

Tuesday was fun. Every Tuesday morning we go visit our dear Grandma in the hospital, the mother of all missionaries. It's always an exhausting, interesting event and it seems like by the time the four of us leave, we're exhausted and need, as Sister Choi says, healing! Highlight of meeting with her this week was she asked my companion for a pen, well, she didn't have one. So the next 15 minutes she spent chewing her out saying, "What kind of a missionary doesn't have a pen?" "If you don't have a pen, how will you ever be a successful missionary?" and, "What did your parents even teach you growing up?" The rest of us were crying trying to hold back laughter. In the midst of her rant, I gave her my pen, thinking she would stop and use it, but she just held it to shake at my dear companion, then when she was done, just gave it back to me without using it! Healing time after was definnitely needed, so that night, we meet with our investigator, Sister Ahn, because she is literally just an angel. You talk to her and just feel uplifted. We got a good spiritual boast with her and were able to talk about Eternal Families. 

Random fun Wednesday, hahahaha. Well, a Recent Convert in one of our areas invited us to this little old people concert she was in. We went and when we walked in, there were all these old people on the stage, line dancing to a popular country song. Throw back to the barn dances in Avon, Korean style. I think it officially took the win for the strangest thing I've watched in Korea, but it was also really cute! 

We go visit another older lady in the hospital every week and sing her a couple songs. My companion is really good at singing and I'm just, well me. So we went and were singing a song and my companion decided to keep it fresh and sing the alto part, well it threw me off so then I didn't know what to sing and it all ended up crashing and burning! Fail. Oops. What's a missionary that can't sing Hymns?? Haha.

We were able to go to visit our investigator, Sister Kang, at her house this week and meet all her little kids. That was the best. There were a lot of good appointments this week!

This week we planned a super awesome Family Home Evening night, last time we had a really good turn out, so we were really excited. It ended up being, well the family of missionaries, plus the Branch President and his wife! 

I promise, I had a point in listing off all those kind of weird, random, sort of fail of activities. We talked about our "failures" this week in district meeting and I wanted to share it with you all. A lot of time in our lives, we only focus on the times we fall, the things that didn't turn out how we planned, or our insufficiencies. We label them as failures and allow Satan to use them to his advantage. BUT that is not part of Heaven Father's plan. Our failures aren't supposed to push us down, but help us become better people and learn to rely on the Lord. I wanted to share a quote from conference that I loved. It is from the talk "Until Seventy times Seven" by Elder Robbins.

"Success isn't the absence of failure, but going from failure to failure without any loss of enthusiasm." 

How great is that? And as we rely on the Lord we can find happiness amidst the storms, trials and things we see as failures. In the end, becoming better people than we ever could be without them. 

Trust in the Lord and His plan my friends♡ 

Love you all!

Love,





Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment