Monday, March 19, 2018

March 19, 2018


                                 When rain and wind attack.


Seeing Sister Monson...after rain and wind attacked! Haha the lion is back! 


Our trip to Costco last p-day! Magical.

Seeing my favorites at choir practice.

Area book planner party




Hello everybody! 

I really don't know how I always end up with like no time to type up a weekly email...sorry. I get distracted really easy I guess. (Please forgive me Sister Akagi xoxo ^^)

Every week is just going by so fast. I can't believe it! It feels like it was just P-day, and here I am typing again. 

I'm getting used to the new area, finally! Thank goodness. It is so much bigger than any other area I've served in. I mean, this is the first time I've ever had the Subway in my area on my mission. I'm like an 'old missionary' who is learning how to use the Subway. Embarrassing, yes, but there is a first for everything I guess. 

This week we had a whole lot of English class. Quite eventful actually. We had music day, where we sing songs along with the guitar, some fights, someone threw a chair, we had way more people come than normal (miracle), and are starting to study Liahona talks during class. It's really cool and makes it easy to just talk about the gospel the whole time during our Advanced class. Our classes are full of a lot of recent converts and then a group of people who attend every English class in the area and have been for years.

This area is full of less actives and we were able to meet with tons this week. There is one lady that has been the coolest miracle. She has been less active for 15 years and randomly came to church a couple weeks ago. She invited us to lunch and we've been able to see her every week multiple times since then. She said she finally feels like it's time to come back to church, but coming back to this specific branch is hard, but that she feels like she can start with being around the missionaries again. She is so amazing and it's been cool to watch her fire start again.

A miracle happened on Thursday with our dear old Daysheen Grandma. We went to her house, and plot twist, I won her heart. How? Because I know how to unclog a toilet. That's right. Who knew that was all it would take and that would be a talent that would save me on my mission. She was so upset because her toilet had been broken and no one knew how to fix it, when I told her I knew how, she was shocked. It was disgusting, and I got nasty all over my dress, but. I fixed the toilet. And now our dear grandma, thinks I'm an angel. You know, we all have talents we aren't aware of, and we never know as we use them, who it will bless. 

And drum roll, we are officially starting Facebook. Having never used Facebook really before my mission I feel like a Grandma being taught how to use the computer for the first time. Haha ah I'm learning a lot of new things. The church is true and the work is getting pushed forward. I'm excited to see all the miracles coming!

Sending my love!

Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment