Wednesday, March 14, 2018

HELLO!

My New Companion!

Our Church Building!



Hello everybody!

This week was insane! We are the only Sisters in the whole zone, which somehow turns us into the District Sisters. We are pretty much over 3 areas. We attend all of their activities and are teaching people in all of the areas. I keep laughing at it, because I am the absolute worst at directions and now they're throwing me in bigger city with more areas and I'm convinced I'm just going to get lost. Plus I have to teach three English classes a week now, and I'm just not that good at English. 

This week I met so many new people and so much happened. Keeping it at the basics, I met the Daysheen Grandma. She calls herself the Grandma of all missionaries. It's kindof funny, because she's a little tired in the head and so she really just slams everyone. Visiting her is hilarious. The first time we went and visited her, she called us after and was talking to my companion and was like, why did they send such a stupid ugly new Sister Missionary? I was like...hmmmm welcome to the new area. Hahaha. Then we visited her again on Sunday and she came and gave me a hug and was like, wow, I'm so glad they sent such a beautiful new Sister to replace the other.... Haha. Emotional roller coasters here we go. It'll keep me on my toes!

We had STLTM and MLCM this week. Miracle, it was in Sister Oleson's area so I got to see her for a hot second. The beeest. We also got to see tons of snow on our train ride there, it was like a little touch from Utah. During our meeting, we got a bunch of new news with our fancy smart phones. From now on our Area book will be on our phone digitally. Wow, how convenient. Except for for the poor suckers who have to go through every old record and type it in, oh ha yes us. 10 years from now people are going to be using the phone saying, wow I bet it was horrible having to type in all of these old records. And I'll say, Yes. However, the work is going on!

As part of our meeting we did a proselyting activity. Pretty much we just went out and proselyted for an hour and a half and then had to come back and report our stats and have a little mini testimony meeting. During the activity we ran into a lady from America who is here teaching English. She had a bunch of questions about our church she had always had, but never met missionaries to ask. It was a cool miracle to see how the Lord allowed our paths to cross all the way here in Korea. 

This Branch here is tiny. At church we had a solid 5 members. Our Branch President comes from a different area to help out, and as for the rest, it's the missionaries. It definitely has a different feel that Gyeongju, but it'll be a good change. 

This week has gotten me thinking a lot about a verse in Alma 26:2, "And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can you tell?" 

There are so many blessings the Lord has given us and he continues to. As we take time to notice them there are miracles to be seen everywhere. 

Sending love!

Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment