Monday, August 28, 2017

August 28, 2017








Last p-day at lunch after walking around in the pouring rain!

The buffet we went to after zone conference



Our night at the branch presidents house.





Hey everyone!

This week has just been great! For one, I cut my hair for the first time in Korea. It was kind of horrifying, Koreans have no mercy with the scissors! It was dumping rain and we had been wandering aimlessly trying to find a barber shop that looked the less sketchy. When we finally got there, we walked in and were just dripping…haha the poor lady cutting our hair! Thanks to the rain and humidity, it’s safe to say the Kennedy fluff decided to take a turn for the worst. I don’t think I’ve ever seen people make a face like that ever before when they have been cutting my hair. She asked if I had a perm and who did it because they didn’t do a very good job. Thanks Mom!(for the record...my mom did not perm my hair) She kept making motions with her hand of my hair going out and saying don’t worry I’ll make you pretty…and then she just went at it! I think at that point I just gave up and closed my eyes.

We finally accomplished our goal of delivering cookies to all of the members this week! Thanks to Sister Oleson, I have no sense of direction! We felt like a spies the whole time trying to sneak into the buildings past the lock code, but hey somehow it all worked out great and we got into all of the buildings!

This week we were able to join a community group that one of the members of the bishopric works with and take bags of rice to cute little grandmas who live alone and have no income. They were so cute and so thankful. It was the best, and really makes you think about all you have to be thankful for when they were so thankful to get just a bag of rice. The group we were with was hilarious and explaining why we don’t drink coffee in Korean is sooo hard. They ended up pouring us cups of hot water instead. What is better than a cup of boiling water on a hot day?

We had Zone conference this week, it was such a cool zone conference! Part way through President assigned each team of Elders to a team of Sisters and said, go to another room and for the Elders to give the Sisters a blessing. I think it through everyone a little bit off, but it was the coolest experience ever! The Elders that gave us blessings were Elders we’re pretty good friends with, which just made it even cooler. The spirit in the room was unreal, every concern I’d had or have been thinking about was directly talked about in the blessing. I can’t even put into words the power that came through that experience!

Right now our mission is preparing for Elder Kazuhiko Yamashita to come speak so I’ve been studying a lot of his talks and just wanted to share a quote. He said, “We are ambitious for Christ when we serve faithfully, accept humbly, endure nobly, pray fervently, and partake worthily.” When we let Christ become the center of our lives and truly our focus, I know we can see miracles.
XOXO
Sister Stout





1 comment:

  1. One day you'll be thankful for your Kennedy hair, not sure when.... But at least you can tell we're related😉😍. It's like our bro code

    ReplyDelete