Monday, August 21, 2017

August 20, 2017

 Elder Jeong and the raw cut up fish we had for MCM.

An Elder in our Zone brought us Dr. Peppers. Which is funny because thats like one soda that is nonexistant in Korea!

Roller skating last week for p-day, which is sooo different than roller blading!

Chicken!

Our Saturday night that consisted of painting nails and conference talks!
Hey Dad this is for you! this is the fish we ate raw, the MCM leader pulled it up on his phone so I took a picture of it...pretending I loved it so much I wanted to eat it again later. When really I was thinking, woah I have to know what I'm eating!




Hey Everybody!!!

This week has been awesome! Sister Oleson and I are definitely finally getting in the swing of all things Pohang. Pohang is a little piece of Paradise, the members are super awesome and just the people here are all so nice. Not to mention a kids English class we teach that has two little boys from Africa in it that have completely stolen my heart! Pohang has one of the biggest outdoor markets, it’s seriously huge. The Elders told us if we ever get lost in it to just call them because they know their way around the market. A little concerning, but hey we have managed not getting lost yet! Pohang is super close to the ocean and so the outdoor market is full of hundreds of glass cases full of water and sea life. I’ve never seen more crabs and lobsters in my life! At our MCM Meetings, which we do Saturday mornings and have breakfast together, our Mission Leader pulled out this raw fish. He showed us the picture of the deep sea fish it was, and it was one of the strangest fish I’ve ever seen! I kept waiting for him to cook it….and waiting. Then he walked the plate of raw fish over to the table, sat it down. And the raw fish party began! I guess Pohang is going to help me get over my weakness of raw fish!
We’ve been getting dumped on this past week! Which turns doing studies outside, to during studies at convenient stores. But I think my favorite part about it is sitting there studying on this long table, next to all of the men coming in and out filling out their lottery tickets. Who knew people in Pohang would be so into the lottery?? I always wonder what they’re thinking when they sit down, pull out their lottery ticket, and then there’s just like a pamphlet with Jesus sitting their looking at them. It never fails to start an interesting conversation though!
As amazing as Pohang has been to us, our investigator pool has been dropping like flies and it’s had me thinking a lot about faith. We can have all the faith in the world but there are always two things that our faith can’t do, first, our faith can’t take away another person’s agency. And second, our faith can’t change Heavenly Father’s will.  Through the trial of our faith, as we look to the Lord and we rely on him and HIS will, that is when we truly can see miracles.
Sending lots of love!
Love Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment