Monday, May 1, 2017

Bowls of octupuses and eels for sale at the market. Oh you know, totally normal. They cut up and baby octopuses raw and alive. Sister Brady says you can feel the tentacles wiggling around on your tongue, thankfully I haven't had to eat that one yet!

Hike

 Playing ping pong with one of our investigators before English class. Ping pong is huge here! And when you suck at the language, you have to find some way to connect with people!

 Our famous Christmas tree shaped Banana bread we take to members!

A Buddhist Temple we went and explored this morning for P Day

Another Hike Picture

Action shot during one of the talks on the hike. Our confused as always look.

 Corn Dogs we went and got for lunch. Fun Fact, Corn dogs in Korea are rolled in Sugar. Weird, yes, but so good!

A killer view from our Zone Conference Hike


Well I have officially hit my three month mark!! I can't believe it, time has flown! This week has brought the start of tomato season. I have been dreading tomato season. People in Korea like to eat tomatoes like apples. Unfortunately Sister Brady and I both hate tomatoes. I'm convinced it's going to be the death of us! We went to a members house this week for lunch and she pulls out this huge bowl of cut up tomatoes, now we aren't talking little chunks. I'm talking the tomatoes were cut into like fourths. We both looked at each other horrified, because I knew of all the things I've downed in Korea that there is no way tomatoes could be one of them. When the member ran into the kitchen we opened up Sister Brady's backpack, emptied her camera case and started shoving tomatoes into the camera case. It was like being on some spy movie, which was awesome and on top of it we got out alive without having to eat tomatoes! Shout out to Sister Brady's camera case for taking the blow, it is permanently stained with the smell of tomatoes. 

Another random miracle this week was we got to go on exchanges with our STLs. That's not the crazy part, the crazy part is I got asked to go on splits with Sister Oleson! She was in my district at the MTC, but got put in the 3 week program. It was like having a little piece of home! The even more crazy part was because we stayed in my area, I was our guide around town. I was positive I was going to get us super lost. Considering I don't know Korean and am not super good at the bus system here, it was an interesting day. We had so much fun though, it was like having a sleepover with a long lost friend!

The next day we met back up with our companions at the Mission Home in Busan for our Zone Conference. (That also means another shout out to our dear Elders for helping us get to Busan, I had no idea which direction it was even in from Jinhae. We would've been doomed!) For our Zone Conference President Barrow took us on a super awesome all day hike. It was absolutely beautiful. We passed a random Buddhist temple really high up in the mountains and that was really cool to see. I got to know everyone in my zone pretty well which I just loved! Along the way we stopped and talked about each day of the Savior's life. It was such a cool atmosphere to be able to learn about the Savior's life and feel of his love. I know that He lives and loves each of us. He understands each of us perfectly and knows us better than we know ourselves. As He was on the cross and suffering all of these things His sole motivation for it all was because He loves us. He could've stopped it at any point, but He didn't because He loves us. Because of Him, anything is possible.
I love and miss everyone!
Love, Sister Stout








No comments:

Post a Comment