Monday, May 22, 2017

Because of Him! May 22, 2017

Hey Hey everybody!

Every week in Jinhae is just getting better and better, I'm also getting more and more tired, which is concerning because I just got here!

This week I feel like all we did was laugh and work our butts off! We made some lettuce wraps for dinner and were almost done eating and Sister Brady look at her lettuce and says, "Sister Stout, please look at this." We both take a close look and realize our lettuce was covered in these tiny bugs. WE ATE BUGS FOR DINNER. And to make it worse, that was the same lettuce we had eaten from for lunch and hadn't realized it was covered in bugs! I always promised myself eating bugs was were it crossed the line, but this week I ate bugs out of my own free will! 

There is a guy in our ward and he is the happiest man I've ever met. He always walks around with a smile on his face. Before church we stand outside and greet everyone as they come in and every week when we ask him how he is doing he says, I'm doing great, because of Him! It doesn't matter what is going on in this man's life, I've never seen him with out a smile on his face. I've been thinking a lot lately about the phrase he says every week, "Because of Him." The longer I'm out on my mission and the more trials I face, the more I realize that our true joy comes because of Him. Through Christ we truly can overcome all of our trials. When we have the Lord on our side, there is nothing that we can't do. Because of Him, anything is possible.
I send my love!
Love, 
Sister Stout

PS I left my camera cord at the house, so sorry!


Hi Mom and Dad!

Elder Haskall got transfered so now we have a new Elder in our area whose Korean and he's super nice. He made us Korean food this week and gave it to us in a little tupper ware. We were super excited because we ran out of food this week, it was actually the funniest thing ever. Sunday night for dinner we just heated up anything we could find. We had frozen bananas with peanut butter (SO GOOD, frozen fruit is becoming one of my favorite things, like frozen grapes are going to be a staple for the rest of my life) and a ramen noodles packet that we stole from the first aid kit. 

For P Day today we had to go to Masan to get Sister Brady's foreigner card renewed and after went with our district to a, it's like a meat buffet. You cook the food in front of yourself and they just keep bringing it. That was really yummy, the boys would love it! It's a lot of fun. I also tried raw octopus this week, it was soooo gross. I hated it. I didn't realize what it was until after the ward lunch and Elder Sam Yiou told me what it was. It is the most nasty thing eeever. Plus the lunch with the ward just wasn't that fantastic, everyone was on a hate roll! That's one problem we have, people want to practice their English to you, but then there are some people and if they hear you speaking English will come and chew you out. Especially that little old man I told you about, I avoid him at all cost!

I gave away a Book of Mormon this week to the cutest little old lady! She was Christian and was super excited when I gave it to her. We can't get many people to take Book of Mormons on the street so I was so excited! We don't knock doors in Korea, we can only talk to people on the street. It makes it kind of hard because everyone has some where they need to be and a time frame. 
How was everyone's week?
Well love you!
Have a good week!
Love, Laken

No comments:

Post a Comment