Monday, April 24, 2017

Little Corner of Paradise! April 24, 2017

Our best but sad attempt at a jumping picture by the beach last p day!

When we finally got on a bus after getting lost in the new area, it calls for a picture!

There is a fun wall graffity everywhere!


When we went and sat by the ocean this week Sister Brady found a new setting on her camera so we were playing with it! 




Another great week in Korea! I really do love it here, the food, well maybe one day but the rest of it is great! I realized this week I'm living in my own little corner of Paradise. After a huuuuuuge lunch with a member neither of us were hungry for dinner so we decided to walk to the beach and eat ice cream by the water. That was the best hour. Everything is so beautiful here and green thanks to all the rain we got a few weeks ago.
We found out this week that our area is bigger than we thought it was. There's another city we haven't been that we wanted to go see. Sister Brady and I, being the capable people that we are, told the Elders we could figure it out alone one night since they couldn't make it. We hop on a bus and off we go. After 30 minutes of riding the bus we get to where Sister Brady thought the stop was. When we got off the bus we looked around and there was nothing! It was super dark and we were on some random mountain side! We had no idea where we were or when any bus would be coming back through this little abandoned city. We ran over to the bus stop and stood on the bench by this little light post hoping a bus would come back eventually. And of course, like in any classic horror movie, there was this abandoned hotel across the street with the weirdest sounds coming out of it. After a solid 20 minutes of prayers an empty bus pulls up and I don't think we've ever been so excited to get on a bus in our lives! It was quite the adventure for the week!
Twice a week we teach a free English class and it is the best. I love teaching English! Thanks to my lack of Korean skills I get to teach the advanced class. This week Elder Sam Yiou came up to me and said "Hey Sister Stout you're doing the announcements today!" I just looked at him and laughed! He grabs the board and starts writing all of this Korean. I realize he's serious. He looks at me and says "Do you believe in the Gift of Tongues" I say yes. He says, "Well then we have 20 minutes to get this all in your head so the Holy Ghost has something to work with!" The next 20 minutes he spent trying to help me memorize that! When class rolled around, I got up and gave the announcements. I have gained such a strong testimony of the gift of tongues this week. I know through Christ's help we truly can be lifted through any trial that comes our way. After we put in the work He will always come through and help us become more than we can imagine. I know as we put our faith and trust in Him we can do things we never thought we could. 
Thanks for all the prayers and support!
Love, Sister Stout



No comments:

Post a Comment