Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Enduring with Laughter

This is my cute zone! We take pretty much the same picture every single week, but hey it includes our new missionaries!

Featuring a bunch of beauties in my zone!

Snowy companion bonding time
This is Sister Pearce, Sister Ames and I with the snowman we build on our temple walk on Sunday.

This is Sister Akagi, Sister Holyoak and I with our dolphin stickers on our MTC ID tags

This is a bunch of us with our new native Sisters. The thing we're doing with our fingers means I love you in Korea. It's what we all do to eachother all of the time.
Hello Hellooo my dear friends and family!!

This week has been another good one! I love the MTC. It's the greatest place ever, but sometimes also feels like I'm stuck in a little box. That's okay because it's a box of pure happiness!! There is a dear Elder in my zone who isn't a fan of people from Utah because he says that everyone he's ever met from Utah just wasn't that great. He says they weren't very exciting and he wasn't impressed. I've personally taken it upon myself to change his mind in the next 3 weeks. Before he leaves to Korea he is going to want to move to Utah! 

We've done some intense studying this week. I finally succeeded in memorizing the first vision in Korean!! I may have had to ground myself to the exercise bike during gym time to memorize it, but hey I got it and that's all that matters. We've been doing tons of grammar lessons this week and holy cow. Korean is kicking me in the butt!! I know I wouldn't have made it as far as I have without having Heavenly Father on my side. Not to mention my amazing teachers that are always so patient with us. They're like angels from above!

We got new missionaries in our zone this week!! Which means we are officially the intermediate district, that's super weird to me. I'm having a hard time believing it. There is one sister that is going to be here for 15 weeks, 9 to learn English and then 6 to learn French. I will never ever complain about being here for 9 weeks again. She is amazing!! My cute zone all have dolphins stickers on their MTC ID tags and we officially got ours this week. The stickers had gotten lost, but they were magically found so we are now officially part of our zone! Only took almost 4 weeks! I really can't even express how amazing my zone is. I couldn't have been more blessed. They are all so encouraging and loving. Not to mention they are the funniest people I've ever met. The other day my district and I were all sitting in the classroom during study time. We heard some weird sounds coming from the hallway. As we all looked up, some of our Elders passed our classroom, with one Elder in all of the other's arms sitting with his legs crossed and his arms in the air singing, "I will survive." When we made eye contact all he said was "Week 7." We all about died laughing! That has just become the norm for our zone. Everyone is crazy in the best way!!

Our teaching this week has been super great! We have been killing it. Every Monday night we have TRC, RMs from BYU come and we have to teach them a lesson based on their needs in Korean. I've been so proud of us. We were able to keep up with what was going on and answer the questions that were asked. It was the best thing ever!! We also taught one of our investigators a 45 minute lessons this week. It was insane because it felt like we were only in there for 15 minutes. The spirit was so strong and directing the lesson. I didn't know I even had the capacity to say that much in Korean. The gift of tongues is a powerful thing.

This week my testimony of Christ's love for each of us individually has grown like never before. We were able to listen to an MTC film called "One by One" by Elder Bednar. It was absolutely amazing. Heavenly Father truly does know us each individually and by name. He knows each of our trials and what we're going through. He wants nothing more than to help us and for us to turn to Him. He loves each of His children no matter their circumstances. The first thing he said to Joseph Smith was "Joseph." He knew Joseph's name, just like he knows each of ours. He is cheering us on and walking with us each step of the way. 
I send my love to you all. Thank you for all the prayers, I definitely feel them.
XOXO
Love, Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment