Monday, February 20, 2017

Hello Hello Everyone!!




Here are the pictures you requested of my tag!

This is my cute district in our classroom on Valentines Day! We all got little heart stickers and wore them on our shirts all day so we could share the love with everyone.

 This is me and my companions on our temple walk in the pouring rain!

This is my district with the natives in the zone who left this morning. We were so sad to see them go. They're absolutely amazing and will do such great things in Korea!

This is us with the senior district we also left this morning! They've taken such good care of us and I only hope that we can share the love with our new missionaries coming on Wednesdsay!


This is my district with I think the orange rolls you sent! Everyone loved them!

This is us all on Valentines days with some treats! 
PS I memorized this. WHAAAAT!?


This is Sister Newton. She was in my mission prep class and we got our calls at the same time! She is THE best!

Another successful week has passed. I am so in love with being a Missionary. It is the greatest thing ever, and also the hardest thing I've ever done. The days are starting to go so fast. The MTC is awesome, sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in a box, but other than that it is absolutely awesome. The spirit here is incredible. It's like living on Temple grounds and let's be real, How cool is that!? 

This week started out on an amazing note. Elder M. Russel Ballard came and spoke to us. If you thought the spirit was strong before, woooah when he walked in it was unreal. The devotional was broadcasted to all of the MTC's around the world. Plus I got to sing in the Choir, it was so amazing. We sang Lead, Kindly Light and it was beautiful, but I may also be biased because I was part of it. Either way, it was the most encouraging meeting EVER.

My cute companions and I have been working out little butts off to memorize the first vision and our missionary purpose in Korean. I am so proud to say our purpose is memorized and the first vision is almost done. Our Korean is coming along so well. It can be really discouraging, but when I look back at how far we've come it's amazing to see how Heavenly Father's hand has been there every step of the way. There is no way I could've gotten to where I am without His help. He truly is always there and ready to help us with any trial that comes our way. 

Our amazing senior district in our zone left us this morning and are all off to Korea! I was so sad to see them go, but so excited for them. They're going to do amazing things. And on the bright side, that means we get new missionaries in our zone this Wednesday. I'm SO excited! We only get new Korean bound missionaries every three weeks, so when it happens it is an exciting thing. I hope that I can be as loving and inviting to them as the other missionaries were to me when I first got here. 

Each week we get assigned a service project, and we accidentally showed up at the wrong place last week. We didn't know until we went back to our classroom the next day and say a sign on the chalk board that said, "Sisters. You didn't show up to your service. Please see us at the main office." We felt so bad! This week we made sure not to screw that up, and turns out, when you obey where you're supposed to be, you end up with way less nasty service projects. We got to pick out and hang the flags that are in the front of the MTC, we definitely made sure South Korea was up there. After we were in charge of vacuuming and cleaning all of the windows in the main building. Sister Akagi and I were put in charge of vacuuming all of the main hallways, aka there were missionaries passing us the whole time. The hallways we were assigned to vacuum were massive (talk about arm day;)) I decided I wanted to be the happiest vacuuming missionary in the history of ever. I said hello to every Elder and Sister that walked by and it was the greatest thing ever, I can honestly say I enjoyed vacuuming! I knew I had reached my goal when a group of Elders that passed said, "Why is she so happy? She's vacuuming." It made my whole day. Attitude is the key to everything!

We get to teach our investigators everyday. It's been an interesting week with our two new investigators. One of our investigators is a 14 year old punk, who doesn't want to be with his family forever... or at all, and all he loves is pizza, ice cream and cake. It's going....interesting. Each lesson is so hard to plan because it just goes off the wall, plus our Korean is extremely limited. We are doing our best and hopefully we'll get somewhere before our nine weeks is up! It definitely doesn't help that the word prostitute and missionary sound almost the exact same. When we introduced ourselves we accidentally said we were prostitutes for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Talk about embarrassing moments! He gave us the weirdest look. I had no idea what went wrong until after. At least we are making these mistakes now instead of later! 

Besides Sister Ames having a "fluke in her immune system" this week, it's been a great week! We ordered our all Korean name tags this week. INSANE. It blew my mind! This will be the first time in my life that I won't remember my name because it'll all be in Korean. We're supposed to get them two weeks before we head to Korea. I'm so excited! 
Thank you for all the love, support and prayers. I can definitely feel them. I love you all!!!
XOXO
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment