Monday, February 6, 2017

FIRST WEEEEEEEEEK

 Another cute picture of my adorable District!!! 

My cute district throwing our cool poses.


And next is my whole zone!! They're all amazing!

This picture is my adorable district.  I LOVE THEM.

Next is my cute district all ready for bed. (Maybe or maybe not put on the blog haha)

This is Sister Holyoak and I after surviving our first whole day.

The second is the part of my zone that is headed to Busan. We are the MTC Busan missionaries

This is me and my companion, Sister Holyoak.

Hello Everyone!!

I'm still alive! More than still alive I'm doing fantastic. I love the MTC so much! I've been pretty homesick, but everyday gets easier. I got assigned my companion. Her name is Sister Holyoak and I absolutely love her. She's adorable and we get along so well. My district is a blast, it is full of 6 Sisters and we all stay in the same room. It is always a party. The only problem is the first few days we were all new, and none of us knew where we were going, or how to get there. We're getting a hang of it now. I'm so proud of my Sisters.

The second day here I got called to be the Sister District Training Leader. At first, I was so confused why Heavenly Father would add more to my plate when I already felt so stressed out. I've figured it out as I've started serving. I have a lot easier time dealing with stress and trials when I am serving others. As I've been focusing on the other Sisters and their needs, it has helped me forget myself and how I'm feeling. I have grown such a love for every Sister in my district. We have become the closest of friends. My district is six sisters and we all stay in the same room, obviously everything we do is a party! 

Korean is coming! I'm so amazed at how far I've come in the short amount of time I've been here. Sister Holyoak and I taught our first lesson in Korean on Friday, and then our second on Saturday to our "investigator." The first lessons was rough, but by the second we were able to get across what we planned, but we definitely still have so much work ahead of us. It was such a testimony builder to me to see how the spirit was still there working, even though our Korean was rough. The spirit was still there so strongly. 

Sunday was SO AMAZING. I have never been to such a strong testimony meeting. EVER. Every missionary in our zone shared their testimony and with every testimony shared it felt like they were speaking directly to me. I was on edge the whole time. Our opening Hymn was Because I have Been Given Much MY HYMN... except we sang it in Korean. That's okay I still knew the tune and Sister Holyoak and I just hummed sounds together. 

I have felt the Spirit so strong since I've been here and my testimony has grown so much. I absolutely love it here and can't wait to continue my journey on my mission. I've definitely seen the beginning of the trials I will face, but it is so worth it. I love you all sooo much!!!

Love, Sister Stout

Mom!
It's so good to hear from you!!!
My mailbox number is 11. My technical address is on a letter that is headed your way soon, it should be there the next few days. What is your email address that you want me to send emails to too? The Korean is coming a lot better than I thought it would. My companion, Sister Holyoak, and I have already taught 2 lessons in Korean! So I can read my emails anytime during the week and can get dear elders and mail, but can only respond on Mondays. Since I'm the Sister District Training Leader one of my jobs is to get the mail. AKA deliver all of the Dear Elders to all the other Sisters in my district. Yup. LAAAME. You guys should work on that, hahaha just kidding. 
I will send my big email with pictures soon, I just have to figure out how to load them onto the computer.
I love the MTC so much. My district is all Sisters and we have gotten so close. We all bunk together in one room. They're adorable. It was kindof confusing the first couple days because we all got here the same day and are all headed to Busan, which is awesome, but none of us knew what we were doing. The Sisters that have been here longer are so good about helping us all out and making sure we're doing okay. I'm doing so good I'm Just really really homesick! I miss you guys so much! I found the letters you wrote me, I only read the one and tucked the rest away for later so I didn't cry anymore! I know once I get over being homesick I'll do a lot better. Sunday was awesome!! We got to walk around the temple and took tons of pictures. I'll give you all the details in a bigger group email. I LOVE THE SWEDISH FISH YOU SENT! My whole district thanks you. Tell the boys to quit being such slackers and email me. I want to here from them! They can email me anytime about anything! Even at school when they're on their school email, I told their school it's okay. It sounds like you guys are having a fun week! I love and miss you so much! I'll send some pictures soon! I may not have all of them because Sister Oleson has a lot of them and I can't find her to send them to me! I'll send them soon! Love you so much!
Love, Sister Stout

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Laken. I loved reading this! I know you won't be reading your blog until you come home, but just know that you are such an example to all of us. Thank you for 'taking us' on your mission with you and letting us experience it all. I love your attitude and truthfulness with all of the feelings/emotions that go on in the field.

    ReplyDelete