Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017


Sister Oleson wakes up at weird times in the night and takes pictures! 

Our sleepover at the STLs!

Sister Oleson and me! 

The Music Fireside!

The Music Fireside!

Attempted picture at the bus stop. 




Hey everybody!

This week brought a new transfer! Sister Oleson and I will be staying in Pohang for this next transfer! I'm super excited we get to do another!

We spent a day with the STLs this week and it was so great! So I have this fear, that I feel like is normal, of talking to people that don't want to talk to me. I mean there are some mean people out there, and just, I just don't like to talk to them. If they tell me I'm brainwashed and to go away, I say yes ma'am have a good day. But my cute STL wanted to help me whip that around on our exchange, so she set our proselyting goal to talk to people until they hate us...I didn't understand it either, but it happened. And it was as horrifying as I planned on it being. I think my favorite part was watching my oh so adorable STL get whacked with a bag. I think in that moment she regretted our goal as much as I did!

This week we had mission tour! Elder Yamashita came and spoke to us. And oh my goodness, his wife is the cutest person ever. I want to be her when I grow up. Other random fun news, I met an Elder Stout at mission tour, whaaat. That was cool! 

We saw so many miracles this week. We got two new investigators. One is from Vietnam and she is just adorable. She met with the missionaries a long time ago and wanted to start again. When we went over to her house lots of her family was there visiting from Vietnam and I realized I really love Vietnamese people. They're so cute! Our other investigator has been Buddhist her whole life, but just a few months ago started attending the Catholic church and is started to think about God and Christ and I'm really excited to see where that goes. We had our Music Fireside on Sunday and she came with us! We were so excited and so shocked, because the church we did it at was close to 2 hours away and we had to take a bus because none of our members were coming. But she came and loved it! The whole night was so good. That also means Sister Oleson and I survived our duet. Yes!!! President Jeong came too, which means the pressure was definitely on. But the night was a huge success and so many people came!

I wanted to share a quick quote this week that I've been thinking about a lot. It's out of  the 4th Missionary talk, which is just the greatest, everyone should read it, and it says, "Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment, and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you the opportunity to respond by applying in your life the teachings of Jesus." 

I love you all!
XOXO
Sister Stout

1 comment: