Monday, June 18, 2018

June 17, 2018










Well hello again,

Another great week has flown by. It brought with it my last Zone Conference, and sharing my final testimony. The feels are weird and all over the place, but as I was reflecting on my mission, thinking of what I wanted to say, it just left me in awe. The last year and a half has been so amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. There was a talk shared and they talked about the power and strength of our testimony. Our testimony isn't something we gain, and then it's done. Each day our testimony either has the ability to progress or degress. They compared it to an escalator. Life is always moving and Satan is always working on us. If we want to keep our testimony strong, we have to be moving and strengthening it each day. And in this crazy world always changing, we can't afford to stop walking, or stop trying. One question that was asked kindof made me think and I wanted to share it with you all. He said, "When was the last time you prayed to God and asked him if Joseph Smith really saw God?" I know I couldn't come up with an answer. Knowing something is true once, getting that good feeling and moving on, is not enough. We need our testimony on these foundational truths strengthened each day. We all know that through the Restoration, the Gospel was restored and everything was forever changed, but, do we recognize the power that has each day in our lives? It's a lot of deep questions, but I really want to challenge you all to think about it.. the power it has is incredible.

I send all of my love!

Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment