Monday, November 13, 2017

Happy 빼빼로 Day!!

So my companion LOVES shopping. So we went last p-day, she bought this pretty dress, and I got the coolest sweatshirt ever. 

Translating to teach one of our less actives who speaks Russian.

Korean English

 Visiting with our recent convert and less active this week. So they all share the same living room then their rooms are connected to the living room. Our investigator lives there too, so pretty much it feels like we're there all of the time. Good thing they like us!


HAHAHA so. We were walking up the steps to the church this week with the Young Women and they were like, oooh why are all the flowers dead. Ohh sad. Then we said, oh maybe we should water them. Then...they looked at us and said, the Sister missionaries are supposed to water them....awkward. My companion forgot they asked them to before. And now they're like all half gone. 

A little boy in our ward was baptized this week!






Hey everyone!

Okay the amount of miracles we saw in 경주 this week has been unreal. I wish I had time to type them all up, but I'll just share a few!

Random fun thing that happened this week. So we are doing a Christmas Eve program and our Youth have to do a Cha Cha dance routine and we got asked to teach the Youth in our Branch how to Cha Cha. It was one of those things that I was like, wow, who knew taking Social Dance in High School was preparing me for my mission! Because if I didn't already know we would've been in trouble! Tender mercies all around.

So since we have three foreigners in our area this transfer we've been focusing a lot on our English class and getting more people to come. So in order to do that we've been going through all of our contacts and just texting everyone. Then we asked people who don't have interest to respond no, it's kindof funny hearing our phone buzz no all day, it's like "no" "no" "no" "heck no" "no" We get a good laugh out of it, but  we have 4 new investigator appointments set up for next week that we're hoping work out!! I mean they already gave us their address, so they're pretty must stuck. ;)

English class rolls around and we had 8 new people come, we were so excited. So we're sitting and in walks in three monks, like decked out in their robes with their heads shaved. They came and sat down at the basic language table, which is what I teach. So I'm started to teach them English and the one Monk says, will you please teach my friends about your God? They need it. And I was like...Yes Sir! This Monk is like well known among missionaries in this area. He has a full testimony of our church, he loves it, he believes in everything. Teaching his friends felt like I was teaching with a member. He was testifying about the truth of the Book of Mormon, adding his testimony, it was so intense. The only thing holding him back is, well he's a monk and I'm not sure how switching from being a monk goes, but it was soo cool. It was cool to see the way the Lord had touched his life and how much courage he had to share it with his friends. If a monk can share the gospel with his other monk friends, EVERYONE CAN!!!! Member missionary work is so needed!!

I love and miss you all!!
XOXO
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment