Monday, November 20, 2017

Earhquakes, miracles, oh and more Earthquakes

Last P-day!!



Emergency alerts we got on our phone for all the Earthquakes

And Sister Oh and I have been craving Banana bread so I attempted making some!

 I asked Sister Oh what we should do to pose, and she said, hmm okay you be the bell and I'll be the stick... She's super funny!




Hey everybody!!

This week, um yeah. SO much happened.

The week started off with going to a super famous Buddhist Temple for P-day. It was the biggest one I've ever been to. Buddhism is such a confusing, but interesting religion. 

We also had exchanges! I went back to Pohang for exchanges...that was weird. It was like going back to my old house, but none of my stuff was there. It felt like my companion was cheating on me! Anyways, there was this girl that I had met on the bus and we texted her everyday for almost the whole transfer, because she couldn't meet because she was busy with work, but we got super close with her. Well then she randomly dropped off the face of the Earth, we were so sad, then I transferred. Well, she called them a couple weeks ago to set up an appointment, anyways, so during exchanges I got to meet her! That was awesome, a huge blessing! 
That night we went door knocking, which was actually the first time I've gone my whole mission! It's not something we do much of here! Everyone has locks on their buildings and it's just more effective on the streets, except when it's so cold outside, there is no one to be seen! We go to the first door, on the fifteenth floor, knock. Silence. We could hear them coming to the door. So we waited. Waited. Ah yes here they come, well turns out they didn't actually hear the knock, they were just leaving the house. So what do you do when you open your front door and there is just these two girls standing there? Yes, this like 25 year old man and his mom scream and jump back like we were ghosts! Well, I didn't expect them to scream, so they scared me, so I jumped back and screamed! And my companion was awkwardly tucked around the corner so no one could see her... I had no words and neither did they! So we both just sat there staring at each other for a minute horrified! Then my companion peaks around the corner and gives them a nice spill, as their faces remain the exact same, horrified looking at me, and off we went. Seriously, the most scary experience of my life, also the first and last time I ever want to knock doors again.

And...oh yes Earthquakes. This week has been insane. So we had District Meeting in Pohang, right as our bus pulls out of the bus terminal, we get an alert on our phones saying that a 5.5 earthquake just hit Pohang. Thanks to the shocks of the bus, we didn't feel anything. Our poor Pohang missionaries sure took a scare though. One of the Sisters took a brick to the head and the other the shoulder, Heavenly Father sure was taking care of them, because they're fine! And since then we've had 7 earthquakes this week! We were looking it up at church with the members and it turns out that my area is sitting in middle of a mine of fault lines that are all suddenly deciding to be active! Korea like never has earthquakes. Our MCM leader talked to us about earthquake safety at church because there is supposed to be the biggest earthquake Korea has had in hundreds and hundreds of years coming this month. ....Korea is so not built for Earthquakes. 

Now, the funny earthquake story. So after District Meeting we were able to meet with a new investigator at her house. So when we got there, woah. It was like being blasted to the past! Her house is a super old Korean house, like the floor and walls were made out of dirt and there were parts you had to duck under wooden beams. Super crazy. I've never seen a house like that before! We were able to teach her, learn about her, the lesson went awesome, and I was saying the closing prayer. Half way through the closing prayer the whole house starts shaking!! Round two of the earthquake!! She's all of a sudden screaming GET OUT OF THE HOUSE SISTERS!!! Long story short, I never got to finish my prayer and that was the weirdest end of an appointment ever. And amidst of all the crazy we found a bunch of new investigators and have been seeing all kinds of miracles!! 

I love you all!! 
XOXO
Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment