Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October 2, 2017

Sister Oleson has been sick, shh don't tell her she's denying it, and so we were wearing these around the house. They're like a fashion statement here, everyone wears them. People have patterned ones and all kinds of stuff!


.The rice I didn't finish. It's said in Korea that all of the rice you don't finish during this life, you'll have to eat in the next. Oops.



Hello Hello!

This week was so busy. I've appreciated all of the Conference spoils, we don't get to watch it until next weekend. And then after our ward goes on a camping trip together, unfortunately our permission to go got stepped on, but hey we get to go for the day! 

We went on exchanges this week, which somehow turned into a trip to Costco with some members that took us to lunch. Okay, Costco in Korea is exactly like Costco in America. It was like stepping into America for a little bit, even the smell was the same and they have all the same foods, plus some random Korean ones. I mean you probably can't buy Kimchi in bulk in America. Speaking of Kimchi, a beautiful thing happened this transfer. I make myself eat some kimchi every time we are with a member and it's there, I don't hate it, it's just, there. I kept thinking, hey maybe one day I'll actually enjoy eating this. Well I think that day came! We were at an appointment and I had my mandatory piece, and wait a second, I actually like it. The Gift of Tongues is so not just  a language thing!!! Anyways, the exchange was awesome. They have a big basketball court outside, so after English Class we were out playing with the Elders and some of the Youth and the sky was so pretty! It reminded me of playing so much lightening at home, it was the best!

On other news we got to meet with all of our investigators this week and saw some super cool miracles! Our investigator from Vietnam's mother in law had been a problem. She hated any and all churches, but she told us this week that now her mother in law is okay with it. It's such a huge blessing that things changed, because that's part of why the missionaries before had to stop meeting with her!
 After meeting with Angela this week, she told us she wanted to come with us to church, but she never replied to our text Saturday night so we were worried she wasn't coming. Then 5 minutes before church started she walked in! It was so cool!! However, she brought 3 dozen donuts with her for the branch...on fast Sunday. She's so cute. We were able to do a lesson with her during the second our of church with a member of the Stake Presidency, who is seriously the best. She is just eating up all of the love from the Branch! 

I love you all! I love the Gospel and seeing how it changes peoples lives. It truly is amazing. 
Have the best week!
XOXO
Love,
Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment