Monday, June 5, 2017

안녕하세요! June 5, 2017






For FHE at a members house this week we were in charge of the game, so we played the flour game! They seemed to love it.

Oh here's this one too. Sister Brady said it's not allowed to go anywhere! So you can just look at it! She feel asleep on the bus and I couldn't help but take a pictures!

Our view from one of the members apartment decks when we were leaving our appointment.

I just think what people do to their dogs here is the funniest thing ever. Just a fun idea to do with the puppies...just kidding please don't.

Hello everybody!

With the amount of miracles we saw this week I feel like I could never type enough to do it all justice. It's so amazing to me to see how strongly the Lord's hand can be seen everyday in the work.

Highlights this week: We got two new investigators!! One of them is from the United States and attended church with us on Sunday. She seemed to really like it and everyone in the ward was really loving and welcoming to her. She even asked us if she could come again next week! 

Our other new investigator is quite the story. Sister Brady and I had a super busy day. We had back to back appointments and it was blazing hot outside. We hadn't eaten all day and it was about 4 in the afternoon, safe to say we were a hangry bunch. We stopped at a little cafe to get something to eat and headed to a park to do our studies. We sit down to do our studies and I realize I left the phone in the cafe. I was so mad at myself! We were exhausted, caked in sweat and now had to walk all of the way back to the cafe. I couldn't figure out how I left the phone, I could've sworn I had it. And I couldn't figure out how it took me so long to realize it was gone. We got to the cafe and there was the phone sitting on top of my Book of Mormon. We grabbed our stuff and started to walk back home, because we were out of  time to study. We were just a few yards down the street when a lady comes running up to us from behind yelling "Excuse me!" We turn around and she speaks really good English. She tells us that she saw us while she was on a bus and has been hoping she would run into us again. She says that she wants to learn more English and is interested in learning about God. Sister Brady and I look at each other thinking, well we are your girls! The next morning she called us, yes, SHE called US (we were beyond the moon excited) and asked if we could meet that day. The lesson went super and she explained to us that she's Buddhist but has always wondered about God. We were able to teach her about the Restoration and how to pray. It was a really cool lesson to be part of. 

Another huge miracle we saw this week came from my stupidity. (again) We have been asked to keep a $50 reserve fund at our house at all times in case something happens with North Korea. Well, thanks to all of my trainee jump start expenses, I haven't set aside my $50 reserve fund. (Don't worry Mom and Dad, I had money just not a special fund!) This week Sister Brady and I decided I really needed to get that set aside with our money for June. So when we got the money out of that bank, I tucked my reserve fund away, which was going to make us pretty tight this month. We decided as we recognized this was something that was really important and had faith that everything would work out and we would be able to make ends meet. As we went about our week the amount of miracles we've seen has been amazing. Monday, a member we were visiting sent us home with a big bag of yellow melons for our breakfasts. Tuesday, a member took us out to dinner at a fancy pizza restaurant and without us knowing bought us an extra pizza to feed us the next day. Wednesday, someone we were visiting sent us home with some frozen meat so we could cook it up later. Thursday, the Elders called us and told us to come outside. They had bought us a gallon of ice cream from Baskin Robins. (We definitely didn't need that one, but oh man did we love it in all of this heat!) And every time we've seen one of our investigators this week she's given us peppers. Then to top it all off Saturday a member we stopped to visit took us to a bakery to buy us some bread. Which turned into her throwing everything she liked at the bakery in the bag and sending it home with us. Watching all of the blessings come down on us this week has been incredible and that is just scratching the surface. I know the Lord truly knows each of our situations and will take care of us. When we take time to see His hand in our lives, it's amazing to see how it can be seen in everything we do. I know He loves each of us and is watching out for us. He is just waiting for us to turn to Him. I know when we trust in Him, He can help us through anything and everything.
Sending all of my love!
XOXO
Love, Sister Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment